Re: [pygame] Does anyone have a python implementation of A*?

John Eikenberry wrote:

> Hmm... I didn't make many other changes besides what was needed to
> change to comprehensions. I'll mess around more to test what is actually
> responsible.

Found it... turned out to be a heuristic change. I wasn't including the
cost-so-far part (opps). This has the effect of only checking the very
top of the open list (ie. only the hexes immediately surrounding the
direct path were checked).

Back to the optimization drawing board. I'll have to check out whether
map makes a difference now, as I was assuming the C loop structure was
making the difference and now I have to know. :)

--

John Eikenberry
[jae@zhar.net - http://zhar.net]