Re: [pygame] Debug printouts - faster to screen or file?

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 07:18, Michael Benfield wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:09:05AM -0800, Pete Shinners wrote:
> > for a pentium2-300 on winnt 4, i get this:
> >
> > PERFORMANCE RESULTS
> > stdout  3.42 seconds
> > file    0.05 seconds

My tests, ran several times also on a PII300, but under linux

stdout varied between 0.23 and 0.37
file varied betweeb 0.06 and 0.08 but 9 out of 10 are 0.06

> Writing to a file is still definitely faster than stdout, but not by
> anything like the margin NT demonstrates. Not that it really matters,
> but any idea what's going on there?

Isn't the windows console always slow though, like even when doing a dir
on a large directory?  My guess is that since MS don't want to use te
hconsole they didn't really put much effort into making it efficient,
posibally it was a job given to a newbie MS staff member back in 93-94
and has not been touched since?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss