[pygame] Any known Windows 2000 pygame + threading issues?

Hello, all. I'm working on a poker game in pygame. I've been working in Linux
and my approach has worked just fine. I can't get the program to work on
Windows 2000.  My input thread doesn't see mouse events.

I launch the app. The input thread reports a VideoResize event, a couple mouse
motion events, then only sees keyboard events. It reports and processes the
keyboard events just fine. It never reports seeing any mouse events in the
event queue.

I've made sure that no events are blocked. I've tried grabbing and ungrabbing
the focus, but that didn't help. I've forced a mouse event with
pygame.mouse.set_pos. This moves the mouse to the top left of the screen, but
never reports a mouse motion event in the queue.

Any idea what might be going on?