Re: [pygame] Windows python2.4 pygame test binary installer. Please test!

Matthias Baas wrote:

Well, everything seems to be normal over here. The button attribute of the MOUSEBUTTONDOWN event is 1 for the left mouse button, 2 for the middle button and 3 for the right button (and 4 and 5 for the wheel).
I've just checked with Python 2.2.2/pygame 1.5.3, Python 2.3.4/pygame 1.6.2 and Python 2.4 under WinXP.
If anyone wants to check their version, here's a little test script:

Hmm, maybe the code has *always* been wrong... strange to think that no-one (myself included) has ever used the right-mouse-button to orbit an object. Possible I suppose; I primarily test with GLUT or wxPython contexts:

For OpenGLContext:

               0 -- first mouse button, "left"
               1 -- second mouse button, "right"
               2 -- third mouse button, "middle"

But here's the code for the PyGame mouse events:

   def _updateButtons( self, button, state ):
       """Update the tracked state for mouse buttons

       pygame is 1+ context button IDs
       """
       self.CURRENTBUTTONSTATES[button-1] = state
       return button-1

which doesn't mention anything about rearranging the order.

Anyway, trivial change to implement. Thanks for letting me know I'm off base, Matthias,
Mike

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
 http://www.vrplumber.com