Re: [pygame] No VideoResize event on restore from maximise

Rene Dudfield wrote:

Hey Mike,

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:20:10 -0500, Mike C. Fletcher
<mcfletch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I open a PyGame window and click on the Windows "maximise" box in the
upper-right corner, I get the expected VIDEORESIZE event.  However, if I
then click on the "restore" box of that maximised window, I don't get
another VIDEORESIZE event.  Is there another event I should be watching for?

I'm not sure. If you try printing all the events you might spot
something for maximise/unmaximise.

Only thing that shows up is an "ActiveEvent", which I gather just means that focus has returned to the application.

Could you please try it with the prerelease pygame?

Same effect seen there.

Interestingly, pygame.display.get_surface().get_size() seems to always show the original size, even when the window is maximised.

No-one wants to resize windows anyway,
Mike

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder