[pygame] Re: [pygmy] Mac Observations

On 2/1/06 1:53 PM, "Kamilche" <klachemin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with cross platform games in Pygame? How
> much of a problem have you had with it?

The funny thing (to me anyways) is that my code will work Mac-Windows-Linux.
I had the hardest time getting things to go from 10.3 - 10.4 for the mac.
Just make sure you stick with python specific libraries, and not OS specific
libraries (i.e. Using pygame, pyopengl etc. and avoiding direct X stuff or
windows weirdness).

The whole issue with Macs is that  apple altered the location of the python
site-packages directory - for no apparently logical reason.  There is a
"hack fix" workaround which basically adds a simlink into your site-packages
directory to be consistent with 10.3 things.  But, this is far from ideal or
fully functional.  The package managers don't always work 100 %, so some
things are a pain.

Using py2app should though allow you to distribute to Mac users and will be
fairly OS version agnostic - once you get your code working.