Re: [pygame] Flash content

On 2/8/07, Joan Planas Illas <joan.planas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
En Luke Paireepinart ha escrit:
> Joan Planas Illas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working on an app using Pygame and VLC(for video) over an Opengl
>> frame . I'm trying to get Flash working but I haven't found anything
>> that suits my demands. I want newer Flash files to work but I saw
>> that Gnash and swfdec don't deal with flash versions higher than 7.
> What are your 'demands'?
> If you just  want to play them you should be able to use the official
> flash player and use subprocess to open a file with it, right?
> Do you need it to be portable?
> Are you trying to display flash in an OpenGL frame?
Hi Luke, I don't simply need to play the Flash files, but I need to
embed them into a Glut window and also control the execution flow of
that window.

There's only two ways to embed Flash: the Netscape plug-in API, and ActiveX on Windows. It's going to be extremely difficult to do either way, especially in an OpenGL context. You might as well give up.

-bob