Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Daniel McNeese wrote:
Bob Ippolito <bob@...> writes:

If you want to make a Mac application, you need a Mac. Just like you
need Windows to make a Windows app or Linux to make a Linux app. There
aren't really any exceptions (especially for the Mac), and it's
unlikely that there ever will be.

Hmm... What if I repartitioned my hard drive and included, say, a Fedora Core partition next to Windows? That would let me cover Windows and Linux both at no extra cost, right?

yes.

Is there a free Mac OS that would run on the same hardware?

i read about some people trying to produce a OSX version that would run on clonic pcs. Of course this is illegal as far as i understand. I dont remember the name of the project, but i bet it will be very experimental and very unlikely to be of any help for this particular task.

you could try to get a cheap old mac in ebay. I test my programs for mac on an a six year old iBook G3 500mhz 512M of RAM, running the latest OSX version. It is really slow but it does the job ok, i could hardly use it for anything else than that.