Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

On 2/20/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I mean, if these are the people you're going after, don't bother making
a Mac version. Or a linux version for that matter.  98% of your apparent
target audience (who don't want to / can't install Python) are going to
be on Windows.
So just make a py2exe version and provide the source for other platforms.
-Luke

I must disagree about the Mac version. (though I agree about wanting source for Linux)

A while back I made a simple little game
http://hamsterrepublic.com/games/leaping/ which I provided both as a
Windowx exe installer (py2exe+innosetup) and as a Mac
py2app-inside-a-DMG

According to my server logs, the download count for the two files exe
and dmg are almost balanced. 50% 50% on average. Mac users to really
like to get app bundles in dmg packages.

---
Bob the Hamster