Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Phil Hassey wrote:
Hey,

For Linux, I think you can dual boot or run it in a VM or something. I don't know the details, but it should be possible. For MacOSX, you'll need a Mac. You can bug a friend who has a Mac to do it for you (I tried this for a while, but it was inconenient for both of us.) Eventually I just got myself a Mac Mini - they are quite affordable and well worth the purchase if you want to sell your game cross-platform.

Other option - sell your XP machine and get a Mac. Rumor on the street (again, I haven't done this) is that with Parallels *Desktop* for *Mac *you can run both linux and XP in windows on a Mac. And then you only have to have one machine in order to compile your game for all 3 platforms.
Why exactly can't people see your code, Daniel?
Is it just that distributing the source makes it inconvenient for them?
Because you shouldn't expect these py2exe-type programs to protect your code.

I'm pretty sure 95% of Linux and Mac PCs come with Python already.
You could provide people with all installs they need and instruct them in which order to use them, or something...
I'm not sure.

If the source thing is just a convenience for your users, you can e-mail the code to me and I can try to make it into a .dmg on one of the macs in the library.
Let me know.

Also, if your time-frame isn't very compact, you could do one of those 'Free Mac Mini' programs. There are a few around that don't require you toreferrals,
all you'd have to do is subscribe to a bunch of stuff, and probably pay around $60 for all the programs... still considerably cheaper than buying it retail.
I am not necessarily recommending this, just noting it.
I've been thinking about trying it out myself. But no way I'd do one of the 'free gift' things that requires you to virally spead it.

HTH,
-Luke

Phil

*/Daniel McNeese <dgmcnees@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Phil Hassey writes:

    > To use those apps, you'll need access to a target system of each
    OS to build
    > the binary package.

    Ah. I should have mentioned this before, but I odon't have access
    to all of
    those (and can't afford to simply buy them). And as the final
    version of my
    game is intended to be a commercial product, sharing the source
    code is out of
    the question.

    Is there any way to do this from Windows XP?

Get your own web address. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>