Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Luke Paireepinart wrote:
> Daniel McNeese wrote:
>> and the less the game demands of him before the fun starts the
>> more likely he is to stick with it.  If potential customers are
>> giving up before they even get the game running, that's *bad.*
>>
> I think Blizzard Entertainment would disagree with you there.

I think you're wrong - your example of WoW doesn't speak to Daniel's
original observation that the easier it is for potential customers to
evaluate a game, the more likely they are to purchase it.

If I understand your claim, it's saying that Blizzard benefits from people
giving up before they get the game running. I can see that discouraging
new accounts would save Blizzard the bandwidth, customer support, and
server space costs, but I find it hard to believe that they don't end up
making those costs back several times over in subscription revenue from
satisfied customers.

-Dave LeCompte