[pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@...> writes:

> I think Blizzard Entertainment would disagree with you there.
> If you want to be one of the 10,000,000 people who play World of Warcraft,

A fair enough observation, but Blizzard probably gets away with this because
they have a huge fanbase coming from their single-player games.  Outside of a
few puzzle gamers from the forum I linked to, nobody's standing in line with
their credit cards in hand waiting for my game to come out.

I have to hook people who've never heard of me, and *before* they decide that
it's easier to just download one of the countless thousands of other indie
games out there.  So getting the player to the fun ASAP is an issue.