Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Bob the Hamster wrote:
On 2/20/07, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I mean, if these are the people you're going after, don't bother making
a Mac version. Or a linux version for that matter. 98% of your apparent
target audience (who don't want to / can't install Python) are going to
be on Windows.
So just make a py2exe version and provide the source for other platforms.
-Luke

I must disagree about the Mac version. (though I agree about wanting source for Linux)

A while back I made a simple little game
http://hamsterrepublic.com/games/leaping/ which I provided both as a
Windowx exe installer (py2exe+innosetup) and as a Mac
py2app-inside-a-DMG

According to my server logs, the download count for the two files exe
and dmg are almost balanced. 50% 50% on average. Mac users to really
like to get app bundles in dmg packages.
Is there a way to create the .dmg packages made if you don't have a mac?
I think that's the main issue right now.
If it's simple to compile for all platforms then it would behoove him to do so,
but the OP said he didn't have access to a mac.
I wasn't trying to suggest that the Mac version was useless, or anything like that,
just that the obstacles seemed too great to make a Mac version.
-Luke