Re: [pygame] Re: PyGame and Py2Exe 0.6.6

Chris Van Bael wrote:
On a side note: where the files that are now in library.zip previously
in my executable (0.3.x)?

So how are you guys handling this for your pygame programs?

It's kind of embarrassing, but I've been using Py2EXE the dumb way. I put a very basic "setup.py" file and some copy of my actual code into the C:\Python24 directory, even though the code normally lives in C:\Code and there's a whole directory structure that needs copying. Then I run Py2EXE, then manually copy my graphics, music (etc.) subdirectories into the new C:\Python24\dist location. This gives me a directory I can then ZIP up and distribute to Windows users without Python.

As I understand it, this is a bad method!

Kris