Re: [pygame] Re: PyGame and Py2Exe 0.6.6

> I have an old pygame2exe.py script that works perfectly with python
> 2.3.5, pygame 1.6 and py2exe 0.3.x.
> However now I want to use Python 2.4, pygame 1.8 (pre) and py2exe 0.6.6.
> This gives me quite some heardaches...

> In the old version py2exe didn't make a library.zip, now it does.
> Problem is that copying the pygame font to /dist is not enough, it has
> to be in library.zip.
> How can I achieve this with my setup.py or how can I prevent the
> library.zip from being made?

I'd hesitate to put game assets in the library.zip file - I have all of my
data in a directory that ends up under dist.

> So how are you guys handling this for your pygame programs?

I'm afraid that this isn't going to prove helpful to you, but here are
some things I'm doing:

a) when I need a debugging font, I create it like this:
   f=pygame.font.SysFont("Arial", 12)

b) when I need an ingame font, I don't use the pygame font facilities at
all, but instead pre-create an image with the font in it, and then use
that as a texture at runtime.

c) my setup.py has a "zipfile=None" setting inside the setup options, and
a comment that this works when I use --bundle 1 on the command line, like
so:
  python py2exeSetup.py py2exe --bundle 1

-Dave LeCompte