Re: [pygame] Re: Display won't close gracefully

Daniel McNeese wrote:
Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@...> writes:

Well, it's a very specific case. It only happens on Windows and only when you right-click a script and hit 'Edit with IDLE.'

Hate to tell you this, but that's not what I'm doing. I'm opening IDLE from the "All Programs" menu and loading the script.
I don't know why you hate to tell me this. I am glad to hear it. You shouldn't hesitate to tell people that they're wrong on this mailing list.
Just so long as you're polite :)
If IDLE is run normally, whenever you run a program you will see =====RESTART=====

This is what I'm seeing, but the window still hangs unless I manually call pygame.quit().
Yeah, you're right. Heh. I had it mixed up. When running from the command line you can just use a 'raise SystemExit' whenever you want to exit (but I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea because then it won't work in IDLE).
Sorry to misinform.
-Luke