Re: [pygame] High-quality 2D rendering in Pygame

Dave Mandelin wrote:
The biggest thing is that I would like high-quality (antialiased) 2D rendering a la GDI+/Cairo/whatever. AFAICT, Pygame 1.7 can render high-quality width-1 lines, but that's it. So:

You might want to see if you can dig up an old library SDL_gfx. What other types of antialiased drawing are you wanting? I'm pretty sure you can transfer images between Pycairo and Pygame, but that would be another stack of dependencies for you.

You might be able to draw simple shapes into a Surface and then use the rotozoom function to get a filtered rotation.