Re: making windows compilation easier Re: [pygame] When is pygame 1.8 coming out?

On Jan 26, 2008 9:22 PM, Lenard Lindstrom <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
build_deps.py is included in with the Pygame source at SVN. But if there
is the interest I will consider releasing a prebuilt dependencies zip
file. Then only MinGW is needed.

I would *love* to have a prebuilt dependencies zip that includes the latest SDL versions and other dependencies all linked to msvcr71.dll... could you post one somewhere?

The reasons why is cause 1. it's non trivial to go find all the appropriate sources to use the build_deps.py and 2. I'm set up to build pygame with the toolkit compiler but not with MingGW

----
... even though I don't want to use it, build_deps.py sounds awesome - in addition to all the wonderful time savings I'm sure it brings in building the deps it also implicitly standardizes all the dll vs. lib and linking options for all the various loader libs. Really awesome job, Lenard