Re: [pygame] pygame.org - update finished!

René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, another good idea.  I was thinking the same thing just today.
>
> I'll have to add a user option for emails too... something like 'don't
> email me'.  Also there'd have to be a limit on the amount of emails
> sent to try and stop spam... and other anti spam messages.

The whole task of managing spam can grow without bounds, but a few
thoughts on this:

- only allow logged in users to send mail to other users (no anonymous
emails)

- a link could be put in at the bottom of the mail to report back to the
pygame server that the mail was spam. This could help track abuse, which
could lead to locking the abusive account, and perhaps other accounts
created from the same IP address.

-Dave LeCompte