Re: [pygame] Sound to String

Peter Parente provides some examples of using pyTTS at http://www.mindtrove.info/articles/pytts.html. Windows only.

I've got a simple wrapper for the open-source espeak dll. Not documented unfortunately. NVDA probably has one also. I've only tested it on linux but I bet it works on windows and mac too. Especially if you don't use its audio output.

gb

FT wrote:
Hi!

    I was also wondering along these lines if anyone knows who has the best text to speech documentation? I would like to learn how to use it, and write my own talking games.

I am using the windows OS
        Bruce

Subject: Re: [pygame] Sound to String

You can use sndarray to change the sound into an array, then you can recompose the sound in your file.  PyDay allows the use of modules in the construction, though not in the final product.  In short, you can use Numeric to create the data, but you will have to reencode it yourself.