Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

On Feb 28, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:

Jason Ward wrote:
lol, if it was 64KB we could imagine we were olden day real mode programmers working with very limited resources :)

It should be 48KB - gotta allow 16K or so for the
interpreter ROM, you know. :-)

Although it could be a BBC - they had 32K of ROM.

Be sure to use tabs instead of spaces... 8^)

One other question about the rules: It says the final game must use pygame, are other arbitrary 3rd-party libraries allowed or just python +pygame? Allowing arbitrary libs seems like an easy way to skirt the 32,000 byte rule, but then again not allowing them entirely maybe too restrictive (i.e., pyopengl, pil, pyode, etc).

Thoughts?

-Casey