Re: [pygame] Sync with vertical refresh does not work(?)

I have a Geforce Go 7600. There seems to be smth with the drivers
indeed: I installed the latest nvidia drivers, and when I use
pygame.DOUBLEBUF|pygame.FULLSCREEN there's no tearing (irrespective of
whether I use SWSURFACE or HWSURFACE). It does not sync in windowed
mode, but fullscreen is fine.

However, with these settings a new problem arises: Graphics are only
properly displayed if I use pygame.flip(). When I use pygame.update()
either nothing appears or the animation is not as intended. Does only
flip() but not update() wait for a vertical retrace, as it seems to be
indicated in the docu?
Does it mean I have to change all my update()s to flip()s now?