[pygame] Re: [pygame] Sync with vertical refresh does not work(?)

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:37:07 +0100, Matthias Treder
<matthias4all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, with these settings a new problem arises: Graphics are only
> properly displayed if I use pygame.flip(). When I use pygame.update()
> either nothing appears or the animation is not as intended. Does only
> flip() but not update() wait for a vertical retrace, as it seems to be
> indicated in the docu?
> Does it mean I have to change all my update()s to flip()s now?

I'm surprised that vertical retrace synching is even available anymore, now
that many computer users have stopped using CRT-type monitors. Is the
retrace now being emulated in software in some way?