Re: [pygame] pygame, LGPL and iPhone

hi,

I think it's ok to distribute your object code for LGPL things.  Read
the section of the LGPL on object code, and see if it's ok for you.
You'll probably want to ask apple, and a lawyer if it's ok to do that.

So to be ok with the LGPL, include all the object code with your app -
both for your app, and for the LGPL parts.  Then the user can relink
the LGPL parts if they want, and you will satisfy that part of your
obligations under the LGPL (I think).

Again, check with a lawyer first... I'm not sure that's actually true.

Of course, you'll need to port pygame to SDL 1.3 and the iphone...
which is a fair amount of work.  At some point we'll port pygame to
SDL 1.3... but currently it's unfinished, so we were waiting until SDL
1.3 gets closer to completion.

Also, I'm not totally sure if you can sell python apps on the iphone.
Some people say you can't, and some people reckon you can... but I
haven't heard any offical word from apple that you can or can not.

Nokia is much more supportive of python, and has many more phones out
there, and also now has an app store.  Microsoft, and blackberry also
now have stores... and are both *way* less draconian than apple.

cheers,