Re: [pygame] pgreloaded documentation brushed up and VC++ build instructions added

Marcus von Appen wrote:
On, Fri Feb 06, 2009, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

[...]

Does the doc generator require some third-party package called sphinx by any chance?

mkdir -p sphinx/build/html sphinx/build/doctrees
sphinx-build -b html -d sphinx/build/doctrees   . sphinx/build/html
make[1]: sphinx-build: Command not found
make[1]: *** [html] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/C/user/projects/pygame/pgreloaded/doc'
make: *** [docs] Error 2

Yes. You can get it from http://sphinx.pocoo.org/. Under windows,
sphinx-build is under %PYTHONPREFIX%/Scripts (e.g. C:\Python25\Scripts),
so make sure, that path is properly included in your PATHS settings.

Ah yes, now it works. I like the format, nice and clean. So how hard would it be to add images? They will be needed if the tutorials are added.

Should this be backported to Pygame? I do have some concerns, the sphinx dependency for one. It was painless to install, but uses setuptools, which is controversial. And I suppose sphinx could be called from setup.py. Using "make" in pgreloaded was a personal preference. For building Pygame on Window Msys should not be a requirement. Finally, some sort of .doc to reStructuredText translation program will be required, unless someone volunteers to do the tedious work by hand, freezing document updates for the duration of the translation.

Lenard

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>