Re: [pygame] Pure SDL C library branching

On, Tue Feb 10, 2009, Pete Shinners wrote:

> Sounds like a nice idea. I would follow the "SDL" addon naming  of
> "SDL_something". I would go with something like SDL_pgame (?) and follow
> the api naming conventions of the SDL addons as well.

The current pgreloaded internals use a pyg_xxx naming convention:

int pyg_surface_fill_blend (...)
int pyg_surface_save (...)
int pyg_scrap_init (...)

That can be easily changed for both, the C library as well as
pgreloaded's internals to keep them consistent.

Personally I dislike the 'some SDL library name part'_javalike naming,
but will follow the mass's opinion about that :-). We just have to keep
both in sync, so changes can be quickly incorporated in the one or other
library.

Regards
Marcus