Re: [pygame] pygame sdl_image png/jpeg support

On 14.02.2012 17:05, AntCox wrote:
> I am trying to build pygame and during the dependency check it is only
> missing PNG and JPEG support [...]
> SDL_image is installed with both png and jpg support libpng and libjpg
> and respective -dev libraries are also installed. [...]
> I am running this on ubuntu 11.04

I had the same pronlem a few weeks ago. Search the mailing list for the
thread titled "Compiling pygame on Ubuntu 11.10 oneiric JPGE [sic!] not
found"

Here's my solution form the last post in the thread:

"For the record: here's a command line to compile pygame from a pristine
hg checkout that works on Linux systems, which use this new scheme to
install libraries:

ORIGLIBDIRS="/lib:/lib/`uname -i`-linux-gnu:/lib64:/X11R6/lib" \
    python setup.py build

"

Chris