Re: [pygame] Promoting cheeseshop/pypi for game releases?

Yeah, I think it's ok for quick and dirty distribution.

You're right that it fails as soon as you want other packages, a different version of python or to polish it nicely for wider distribution (start menu items, various icon sizes, screenshots, videos, different length description text, etc).

The idea of allowing people to gradually make the packaging good and polished is important.

Rather than requiring 20-30 questions, and lots of extra packaging work, a solution should allow people to roughly package to begin with but allow a path towards highly polished packaging.

A good name for this might be, Gradual Packaging.