Re: [pygame] OSX pygame almost ready

> For those of you that don't already know, I've
> been working (too) hard
> on porting pygame and everything else it needs
> to the OS X platform

[BIG SCHNIP]

Fantastic... Can't emphasise that enough. Great
work Bob, I look forward to seeing Civil run on
my Mac...

> 8)  changing the app's icon isn't implemented,
> but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to do.
> though, OS X likes it's icons at 128x128, so
> I don't know if it's really worth implementing
> it since you'll probably replace the nice
> pygame logo with something chunky looking  [;)]

Ah, go on!  I promise to code sensibly and use
128x128 if I'm on the mac, and lo-res if I'm
elsewhere! ;-P

> Also, I recommend that the developers
> tools be installed, I don't
> think not having them installed will be a
> problem, but I don't have a

Hmmm, could be difficult to find a Mac without
the dev tools on this list! ;-)

I may be able to help tho; a fleet of iMacs with
10.1.2 is just a phone call away (my fiancee's
brother). He's not a programmer, but he know's
more about Macs than anyone I've met and he's
always happy to download new toys...

> no, I haven't written a "py2app" yet for OS X,
> so don't ask, but I'm considering it.

:)

> no, this doesn't have anything to do with
> fink.  I don't like dependencies,

I agree with you on this, although I wouldn't be
surprised if this gets added as a request to the
fink guys (it's already there I think..?)

Anyway, thanks for the outstanding effort. I'm
getting all excited now...

"Microsoft is like Islam; it is unwise to
criticise either in print"

    -- Anonymous XBox Developer. Edge - Issue #102