Re: [pygame] OSX pygame almost ready

On Saturday, January 5, 2002, at 01:56 PM, Gareth Noyce wrote:

>> 8)  changing the app's icon isn't implemented,
>> but it wouldn't be terribly difficult to do.
>> though, OS X likes it's icons at 128x128, so
>> I don't know if it's really worth implementing
>> it since you'll probably replace the nice
>> pygame logo with something chunky looking  [;)]
>
> Ah, go on!  I promise to code sensibly and use
> 128x128 if I'm on the mac, and lo-res if I'm
> elsewhere! ;-P

ok you got it, it's done and in ;)  gee, and only in 35 lines of code!
haha.  Looks ugly as hell for aliens, haven't tried it with anything
else.  It takes a surface of any size or color depth with or without
alpha and optionally a mask.  Ideally you want to pass an image with an
alpha channel already (and None for the mask), but if you don't, it will
use the mask as the alpha channel.  OS X takes care of the resizing
itself, but I'm pretty sure you still want to be using square images.

I'm putting up a screenshot right now, http://redivi.com/~bob

-bob