[pygame] Era of Mages design discussions starting

Hello,

First I want to excuse for this looking like sp4m. It isn't though :)
The Era of Mages project is coming along quite well and now the developers
agreed to have the details of the design worked out by discussing them with
the actual users (aka gamerz).
A discussion list was therefore implemented which you can get additional
information about on: http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/eom-users
The overall project (for those who don't know it yet) can be found at:
http://eom.sourceforge.net

The reason for this call-to-arms is simply that we developers don't have
enough time to discuss the design details as well as the more technical
implications of it. We also want to enable the players to tell us their
ideas and wishes so that we can create a better product for them.

We've been working on the Era of Mages user manual lately which is available
for download at:
http://eom.sf.net/manual.pdf
(draft version only). It is supposed to serve as a ground for discussions on
the userlist. So if you want to participate in forming a game please read the
existing manual first and then join the eom-users list.

We're not talking about creating/discussing a full game concept here! As you
will see from the manual the overall design for Era of Mages is already fixed
and we will not discuss whether this is good or bad (afterall those are the
ideas for a great game that got the project started initially).

To give you a more precise idea of what the discussion list is about here are
some sample questions that will be decided on the eom-users list:

* What kind of spells will be available to the players?
* What kind of enemies?
* What controls should be added?
* and much more

For the Era of Mages team,
--
Raiser, Frank aka CrashChaos
IRC: irc.openprojects.net #pygame

"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on
 ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"  -- Linus Torvalds