[pygame] Got it!

After some standard debugging (what works, what doesn't, and what's
the difference?) I found that the difference was this: I used a flag
to check whether the startup screen was already drawn to avoid drawing
it several times; I hadn't done that with the game over screen. Why
that matters, I don't know, but the repeated drawing somehow destroyed
it. By adding a "game_over_drawn" flag, things seem to work just fine.

Perhaps there should be a list of things that might trip up the alpha
handling? Some sort of "Alpha FAQ" or something? It seems there have
been other questions about this too...

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org