Re: [pygame] Odd fill/mouse behaviour

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> In a program I'm playing with, I tried to fill the screen with white,
> and then hiding the mouse. This resulted in a little black square in
> the middle of the screen. I tried not hiding the mouse, and then
> everything was fine (white) until I moved the mouse, and a black
> square appeared where it had been (in the center). After moving the
> mouse-hiding *before* creating/filling the display, things work just
> fine. But this does strike me as a bit odd... Perhaps I've missed
> something in the documentation?

i'm guessing this is with some sort of fullscreen mode? the cursor stuff
in SDL is pretty flaky when it comes to fullscreen displays/devices.

i'd say the best you can hope for is to redraw 'the area around the
mouse' after hiding it. or..

using the 'gfxcursor' class from the pygame code repository might be
your best bet to a foolproof cursor (plus you can use big sizes and
pretty colors)
http://www.pygame.org/pcr/submissions/12182001a.html