From: <wijgerden@hetnet.nl>
To: <pygame-users@seul.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 10:44 AM
Subject: RE: [pygame] pygame.transform.rotozoom

"Frank Raiser" <crashchaos@gmx.net> wrote:
> Think again. Still think it shouldn't happen?
<snip>
> Now this rect obviously has to be larger
> as the original.

For 45 degrees rotating I can see this, but I'm rotating a 16x16 surface 90
degrees. Still, I could understand if the algorithm needs to increase the
resulting surface.

And maybe pygame.transform.rotozoom then does it correctly, but
pygame.transform.rotate doesn't.

Information is lost on the edges and undocumented information is added. Does
it use a default/background/palet color for setting the "required" extra
pixels?  If so, pygame.transform.rotozoom and pygame.transform.rotate in my
testing seem to use different colors for that same task.

Still thinking something is wrong. Maybe because I see it in my test case...

Frank van Wijgerden