Re: [pygame] ** Newbie ** Questions re: text windows and input fields

Pete Shinners <shredwheat@mediaone.net>:
[...]
> on seeing your message i thought to myself 'hmm, i wonder how much work
> it is..'
>
> i coded together a rough quake-style console. it works mildly well, but
> might be enough to get the job done for you. i see room for seveal big
> enhancements (and they shouldn't be hard to add if anyone's interested)
>
> 	command history buffer
> 	scrollback buffer
> 	prettier
> 	"erase" properly
> 	hookup to python interpreter :]

The last point there seems interesting... (Shouldn't be too hard,
should it?) It would be useful during development to be able to muck
about with the program state etc. without exiting the game :)

And, BTW: Maybe I'm not using the most up-to-date version, but I had
to add explicit imports from pygame.draw and pygame.font to make it
run.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org