Re: [pygame] [OT] Preventing cheating in multiplayer games

On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 11:59:05PM -0500, Joel Ricker wrote:

> 	A bit off topic but I have a question regarding security for my
> python/pygame created game and I thought maybe there might be a few
> people here with some ideas.
>
>  	The project I have in mind would be a multiplayer card game
> engine that allowed two or more people to play different card games
> together online.  The problem that I forsee though is that if this is
> written in Python, then anyone could modify the source to cheat to allow
> them to look at the deck or to other players cards.

Hi,
I am interested in your project. Is it accessible anywhere?
I have some time ago worked on this in Python, including the server,
but since I am pretty short on time ...

I was more interested in the communication protocol, than graphic
representation. Have you seen pysol? It uses TKinter canvas and works
very well - but it's single user

If you happen to be interested, I can send you my sources :)

Jarda Benkovsky

--
GCM/IT d- s:+ a- C++(+++) ULOI++++$ P++ L+++>++++ E+ W++
N w--- PS+ PE++ Y+ PGP R+ tv- b+++ D+ e+++ y+