Re: [pygame] [OT] Preventing cheating in multiplayer games

Christopher Armstrong <carmstro@twistedmatrix.com>:

> The correct solution is to not give the clients that information in
> the first place. Then, no matter what code they're using, they can't
> access the information. Obviously, this requires a trusted third party
> -- i.e., a server separate from the players that handles all game
> logic, with the clients only sending requests for action to the
> server.

Not sure how it works, but I believe the Freenet Peer-to-Peer system
somehow stores data in the network in a fashion where no individual
peer has access to his/her own data... (Perhaps some public-key scheme
might be used?)

> There's a _lot_ of research/information about this out there, google
> should help.

Indeed.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland