[pygame] java pygame

Hello,

I am new to the list, and since I can't find this info anywhere, perhaps the
list knows.
Is there such a thing as a pure Java PyGame.
I ask because I use Jython with Java, and am writing a little game that
needs to run as an Applet as well as an .exe.
So I will code most of the game in Python, and with Jython I would have
hardly any porting issues to deal with between the .exe and applet.

If this does not exist, is this of any interest to anyone? I will most
likely attempt a partial port in the near future.

BTW is there a search front end to the list archives, manual browsing is not
fun.

Thanks
-Ed