Re: [pygame] java pygame

Edward Povazan wrote:
I am new to the list, and since I can't find this info anywhere, perhaps the
list knows. Is there such a thing as a pure Java PyGame.
there is a port of SDL to Java, so you should be able to use that easily enough in jython. it might not be too hard to make something that works like pygame using jython and jsdl?

unfortunately it looks like the jsdl doesn't support SDL_ttf or SDL_mixer. so doing sound and text will require some other method in java? actually, reviewing the docs for jsdl reveals its going to be much more rough that pygame.

and unfortunately to run jsdl applets it looks like windows users need to do a lot of hand downloading and placement of DLL and java thingies. probably easier to get them to run the python and pygame installers, then they could run python source as an applet (kind of, haha)

http://jsdl.sourceforge.net/