Re: [pygame] java pygame

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 01:19 pm, Edward Povazan wrote:
> I've been thinking about my project some more. There are 2 ways to go about
> it, writing a python browser plugin, or porting pygame to Java.

Yes, I think you are right to favor the Java/Jython approach. I analyzed both
myself awhile back (see http://www.narya.net/client_html  for my summary),
and the Python plugin is a bear.  It also gives you little advantage over
just telling your user to install Python and run it as a full-fledged
application (either way they have to install a 3rd party software and then
install your software).  It would still be a worthwhile goal in the long run,
and if Jython didn't exist, it would have been worth doing.

Giving an option between a slower Java implementation that runs as an applet
in an unmodified browser and a downloadable application that runs on C Python
would be a real good deal, though.

Cheers,
Terry

"Some things are too important to be taken seriously"