Re: [pygame] Ocemp

On 1/3/06, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]

Each existing GUI library for pygame has another approach of doing
things, too. Each one has a different development focus. As pygame is
understood as a SDL wrapper with a (nice) basic set of graphics and
multimedia abilities, integrating a GUI would mean: serving the most
necessary parts of it in order to not annoy users with defaults that are
ot wanted or missing features.

[snip]

How about porting an existing GUI library built on top of SDL?   I just did a quick search and found paraGUI  http://www.bms-austria.com/projects/paragui/index.php

I think it looks great.

Whereas many of the objections raised by Marcus are valid, I would argue that having a "standard" widget set (already existing in the C++ world) would be a strong asset to developping using Pygame.  For those concerned about speed, it could be use as a selling point: develop in python/pygame and, for those few parts that are not fast enough, translate into C++....

 *Strong disclaimer*: I have no idea how much work would be require to develop a python "wrapper" to it...

André