Re: [pygame] When is pygame 1.8 coming out?

Kamilche wrote:
When is version 1.8 of pygame coming out? I went looking on the Internet, and saw lots of messages about 'any week now' dating back to 2006.

What I need is a windows installer of pygame 1.8 that runs with Python 2.5. I don't have all the prerequisite compilers and packages to compile my own version.

If it's still not available, what have people migrated to for their Python 2.5 game development? Are they using ctypes with SDL, or something?

--Kamilche

A few people have built installers for 1.8 + 2.5. I don't know if any are still up, but there should be links somewhere in the backlogs of this mailing list. Personally, I just use 2.4 for pygame, and I'm starting to learn a bit more about pyglet, which looks like it might be more in line with the way I approach problems.