Re: [pygame] When is pygame 1.8 coming out?

Kamilche wrote:
Well, ctypes isn't as hard as I had feared. I've got an example running that blits some simple boxes and pictures to the screen. I must admit, getting it going did make use of my knowledge of the C programming language, tho.

I couldn't use pygame ctypes, because most of the examples were broken, and I just didn't want to figure out why. Instead, I wrote a module to interface to SDL directly, using the ctypes feature of Python 2.5. I was happily surprised to discover that SDL was just a single DLL!
I'm pretty sure this is exactly what pygame-ctypes was

I'm looking forward to getting into it more, and eliminating the installation intricacies and dependency on Pygame. If anyone's interested, I can post the example I've made when I get back home tonight.

--Kamilche