Re: [pygame] Ann: Pygame 1.8 SVN snapshot as Win32 installers

Hi René,

The SDL documentation says directx is the default. I don't know why windib was chosen instead for Pygame. I've been using the directx default since I started building SDL 1.2.12 myself. So I see no problem leaving it that way.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
wonderful :)

I gave it a bit of a test run on an old XP machine and it seems to go fine :)

I ran a bunch of the example programs, and also a few pygame games
like solar wolf, and zanthor etc.

What do you think about making the directx driver the default again?
Rather than windb?  I noticed both solar wolf and zanthor ran faster
on my machine with directx.