Re: [pygame] wxPython Message Window returns in Pygame

"Ian Mallett" <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But I need to have the values the user entered.  I've already got a
> working window, with OK, CANCEL, text extry boxes, etc, but no way for
> the data to get returned.
> Ian

I think this is a reply to the following email by Lenard Lindstrom. It
would be helpful if you quoted the relevant parts of the message that
you're replying to, Ian.

"Lenard Lindstrom" <len-l@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian Mallett wrote:
> > On 1/29/08, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Ah, cool.  They sound like constants.
> >>
> > That's what I thought, so now how do I get it to return the right thing?
> > Thanks,
> > Ian
> >
> You probably need an event handler for the OK button. It copies the
> values from the various controls into EquationDialog attributes. At
> least Windows dialogs do something like this.

My experience with WxWindows agrees with Lenard's suggestion. When the
dialog completes, the return value only tells you whether the user hit OK
or Cancel. At that point, just get the settings of the controls - the data
in the text entry controls, the settings of any radio buttons, and the
like.

Did you try asking this question on a WxPython mailing list? Seems like
that'd be a better place to ask.

-Dave LeCompte