Re: [pygame] Working on Retro 80s Game SDK, Looking for generalsupport

The Music Guy wrote:
Yeah, I think I'm going to go with Google code for now.

Apparently they use Subversion. Right now I'm using Komodo Edit, which is nice,
but it doesn't have support for version control of any kind (not even svn) unless
you want to pay ~$300 to upgrade to Komodo IDE.  I really don't have that kind of
cash. Could you recommend a good IDE that supports svn, preferably a free (as in
beer) one?

I'm reading about how to use Subversion ATM, but it sounds like things could get
awkward rather quickly if my editor doesn't have some kind of integrated svn
support.
Eclipse with the Subclipse IDE will work fine.
If you use Windows you could just use Tortoise SVN (Explorer integration).

Although I'm inclined to say that an IDE for version control is completely unnecessary, I know a lot of people need the visual feedback that a console based interface can't necessarily give.

If you're happy with text though, I'd personally highly recommend using git for version control, along with GitHub. It's completely golden.

Fiona