Re: [pygame] GMArcade Contest, PyGame Users Invited

Quoting Ian Mallett <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx>:

This is ridiculous.
Python is perfect for engineering games, and PyGame is an excellent tool to
help.  PyGame is supposed to be a tool of game developers.  The OP is
"look[ing]
forward to maybe seeing some PyGame games entered"--why not actually use
what PyGame was designed for?  If we say that programming competitions are
"off-topic", then how is PyGame ever going to be recognized?  Really, the
title "Arcade Contest, PyGame Users Invited" shows that Matt is inviting
pygame_users to compete and make PyGames.

And by the way, no one responds to off-topic posts.  The problem solves
itself.  Note that, as pymike pointed out, there are very few GMArcade
threads here.  GMArcade is not spamming our board.  But this is not even
spam.

Think about it.  If you, for some reason, can't realize that a competition
inviting PyGame users to write PyGame games is on-topic, the least you could
do is keep it to yourself.  This is not spam; this is not irrelevant--this
is a game competition inviting our group specifically, and if inviting
pygame_users to use PyGame in competition isn't on-topic, I don't know what
is.

Ian

Exactly :) I'm merely extending an opportunity to the PyGame community. We will be holding these competitions every 3-4 weeks too, and every time has pretty good prizes. So if you don't like the topic, just wait till next time. If any one has any suggestions for topics too, I'll take those.

For anyone just tuning into this conversation now, visit http://gmarcade.com/contest01/ for info on what we're talking about.

~Matt