Re: [pygame] pygame.midi using portmidi?

That patch must be for building with a makefile. It builds fine as is from the xcode project (seems to be the maintained option)

On a computer without a real midi device, it looks like both the test program and the midi.py example seem to work with the virtual keyboard. It looks like what must have been happening is that portmidi couldn't find my actual physical midi device on another computer... I'll have to look into it - the piano is only hooked up as an input (not an output), so I suppose that may be part of the problem...

anyways, I checked in the config changes a while back, so anyone with a  /usr/local/lib/libportmidi.a and /usr/local/include/portmidi.h can build with portmidi support, and the automated builds for mac have had portmidi support built into them for a little while now