Re: [pygame] Speed up image.tostring with OpenGL ?

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM, R. Alan Monroe <amonroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm very skeptical that PyOpenGL actually works correctly.

On my box (old 2.4 GHz laptop w/geforce 4), the classic nehe lesson 42
(drawing a maze to a texture) python port gives HORRIBLE framerates,
judging by eye to be about 5 fps, no matter whether I'm using Python
2.4, 2.5, 2.6, and I've tried repeated reinstalls and upgrades of
PyOpenGL. The maze drawing always stops prematurely too, but that may
be a logic bug in the ported version. Has anyone else duplicated this
problem?
For me, the Python version of 42 runs at a perfectly decent framerate (2.4GHz GeForce 7600M).  Sounds like a separate issue from this one though.
The original C version of lesson 42 works at full frame rate.

My self-written programs have really bad framerates too, but I barely
understand OpenGL so it's possible those are my own fault.

Alan
 Ian