Re: [pygame] Some advice for closing Pygame from within an application?

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Cristina Ionescu
<crionescu2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  - when I want to exit the game and get back to my application, neither of
> the normal Escape key or close button ways seem to be ok.
> Everything dies a quiet death. When the game is played on its own, the
> Escape key works fine.... what am I missing for quitting it without
> everything dying?

Need more info on how you're using it... sounds like maybe you aren't
properly un-initializing pygame and resuming the mainloop of your
application.  How does it "die a quiet death?" does the pygame window
close? does the app hang? does nothing close but it all locks up?

Try to make a base case with as little code as possible (strip out any
specific stuff - eg. maybe just have a button on the pyQT window that
changes a label when you click it so you can show when the GUI is
active or not) that reproduces the issue, and attach it in a reply (or
pastebin if you prefer).  That way we can take a look at it and have a
better idea of what the issue may be, and also test any possible
solution before replying as well.